The Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera is committed to attaining the highest caliber of music in order to offer the Sacramento region world-class classical music concerts
- To present innovative programming and repertoire choices that showcase internationally acclaimed, virtuoso conductors and soloists
- To reach the widest audience possible
- To contribute meaningfully in the pursuit of Sacramento as a cultural destination
- To remain a leader in music and arts education throughout Sacramento
- To maintain a creative force within the community, cultivating a new generation of concertgoers and philanthropists, alike
To meet these goals, we must continue to create partnerships not only with the community at large, but with our Board, Management, and Staff. In this way, we will be well equipped to remain sustainable and vital and be better prepared to present and uphold the high artistic image to which we strive.
What began as the Sacramento Symphony in 1948 is now combined into the Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera, returning as a melded organization boldly and with authority in 2015. The organization is now entering its third season under the executive leadership of Alice Sauro, and once again offers power, beauty, and innovation. As one of the Central Valley’s premier arts ensembles, the organization continues to bring the very best artistic talent to audiences throughout the region.
As an emissary for the arts to a culturally diverse region, the Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera continues its long history of community engagement and dedication through outreach initiatives that bring the passion of classical music to schools, hospitals, shelters, and more. We try to retain this spirit of community involvement in our programming choices, by offering a broad spectrum of musical styles—from works such as Vaughan Williams’ very community-minded Concerto Grosso to our Pops Series, to large-scale classical symphonic repertoire.
The Sacramento Philharmonic & Opera continues toward a status of artistic leadership in the community. As a melded organization our mission is to rise above and transcend past challenges and become an integral, thriving, sustainable part of the greater Sacramento area.